Monday, June 16, 2008

Use your imagination




Ok, so, theoretically, this is what a 3-sided fireplace could look like from our back porch. Had to dust off the ol' Photoshop skillz for that one. In reality, there would probably be some slate involved in a surround between the actual glass/firebox and the wood, but to add that would've taken me yet another 3 hours (I said I have skillz; I didn't say they were fast.)

And you can see that I added some very shiny stained concrete floors. Unfortunately, that's a shine I'm afraid my humble slab can never aspire to, our concrete is just too rough to get that shiny. I could probably do something to it to get it that way, but then we'd be slipping and falling down all the time, and sooner or later, one of us is going to break a hip. We are getting older, you know.
This is about the best we can hope for in the shine department:

Not exactly mirror-like, but I'll take it. It fits well with my notorious adoration of imperfections.


So tell me what you think. That means don't lurk, dammit, POST.



3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. I want to set up an airbed there and not leave.

    And, I'm thoroughly impressed with the Photoshop skillz, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww thanks. You don't need no stinkin' airbed! I have a ROOM for you! A real one, with walls and a door and everything! And a bed that does not need to be re-inflated every night.

    Stay tuned for more 3d renderings and Photoshop...I have lots of things that need lots of work here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the floor is nearly as shiny as the top of my father's head!

    Looks wonderful thus far, and the planned stuff looks even better.

    Now if you could only that photoshop-to-reality thing, you would be all set.

    ReplyDelete