Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a special note to the bad spellers on Craigslist

I know nobody's perfect, and I occasionally fat-finger my posts too, and maybe even make a grammatical error or two, but seriously, folks? I did graduate from high school, and therefore know the following:

Stainless "still" does not exist. It's "steel", people. I grew up in Pittsburgh where we all say "stillmills", but even there we all know how it's spelled. Probably only due to the "Steelers" (pronounced "stillers", of course).

"Role" is a part you play in the theatre. It is not something you get with dinner, nor is it a verb. That's "roll". Gah.

It's really nice that you think you have "cloths" to offer, except that you actually mean "clothes". You're probably the same people that say, "I have to go bath [bathe] the dog now."

And a John Deere "ridding" mower? What exactly is it ridding you of, aside from your ability to spell?

Despite the rampant horrible spelling, I do love Craigslist. Where else can you tell people you want cheap/free tropical plants, see that someone is seeking one white cloth glove, or possibly adopt a wild boar (available as a pet or food)?

No comments:

Post a Comment