Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I hate litterbugs


I was about a mile west of my house on a main street, and I looked into a little canal on the right, and lo and behold, saw a really big turtle.
As you probably already know, I get excited about things like this, but this time I wasn't sure whether I should feel excited to see such a large turtle in a canal...maybe he was lost? Maybe canals aren't good places for large fellas like himself? And that plastic cup/flotsam just made me sad.
Made me think of that commercial from the 70's with the Native American crying because of litter, remember, with the tear rolling down his finely chiseled cheek? (It's now commonly known on YouTube as the "Crying Indian Commercial", FYI).
So I was conflicted about Mr. Turtle. By the time I made it to my destination and turned back to go home, he had disappeared. Hm. Does that mean the turtle was actually moving faster than me? I know I'm out of shape, but...


No comments:

Post a Comment